So for the past month I’ve been racking my brain trying to figure out the issue where PiPlay says Could not check for updates. I KNEW it was because of my server move but I couldn’t figure it out. I couldn’t reproduce it on my end. I really thought that it was because the requests module coudln’t do redirects. Tonight I was dealing with a PiPlay issue with a cool teacher in Canada who is making games with her students, and we were troubleshooting a bad wifi card. We got everything working, and then the can’t connect to piplay server message came up, and I was going to admit defeat, but I then saw it was going to WWW.pimame.org. I had set up www on piplay.org, but I had never setup the WWW redirect on the old domain. I feel dumb. One DNS change and a 5 minute propagation and everything is working now.
On a side note, I designed this warp pipe planter in OpenSCAD, and printed it out today. I drove out to a local nursery and picked up some venus fly traps, and voila! One Super Mario Bros. “Piranha Plant” in my own home 😀
You can download the STL file at thingiverse, and it will be up on my Etsy as well.