So, like my last post stated, I did some things while stuck at home.
My absolute favorite project was this:
I followed this guide (https://github.com/geaz/simplyRetro-D8) and built this awesome 3D printable desktop arcade cabinet. It of course uses a Raspberry Pi running RetroPi and uses an awesome readily available 4 x 3 LCD screen!
And of course my little guy helping me build and test it 😀
I got a small CNC machine in January and hadn’t had time to use it until recently but I have been having fun making some videos of it in action.
That’s a 3040T CNC Machine. You can find a lot of them on eBay and various other importing sites. More fun hobbies that involve turning one thing into another thing 🙂
On that note, I repurposed my 4k LED display for a lot of statements this year!
My house got egged for one of those statements. Worth it.
I edited and 3D Printed a mini Dreamcast case for the Raspberry Pi! Did you know you can play Dreamcast games at 60FPS on the Pi4 now? No? WELL YOU CAN! Using Redream it’s totally possible! You can download the case files here https://thingiverse.com/thing:4539273.
And we got a new kitten!
Say hi to Dash. Our Manx kitty. He’s kinda awesome.
If you’ve gotten to this part of the post, all I can say is thank you! It’s been a year. Please stay safe out there. Wear a mask. Keep on making. I’ve missed y’all!
Happy Friday! Brain fried from a week of getting some new software at work prepped and ready to be moved to production. Scary doing a push because some 60,000 faculty and students might run into an issue. We test as well as we can, but theres always that one case that you miss. So nerve wracking.
For the past two weeks my coworkers and I have been printing out tons of things on the Micro 3D Printer. After the first week, everything started to shift horribly to the left on each new layer. Nothing would print right. A vocal minority was also having this issue on the forums. Micro3D has a huge support backlog, so communication was very sparse, BUT they DID keep us in the loop on how they were fixing the issue. Two new software releases in 2 weeks and it seems to be working fine again. I am extremely happy with the prints now.
Eevee (with support structure)
Winnie the Pooh bear (with support structure cleaned off)
Don’t mind the weirdness with the Eevee, that’s the support structure that pulls off. I’m mailing it to a friend so I’m leaving it intact. It’s like 3D printed bubble wrap, I can’t deny her the joy of ripping it off 😀 You can see a couple remnants of the support structure on the pooh bear as well. I need to clean it up a bit more before I send it to my Mom. She will love it.
My conclusion: It’s a $300 3D printer,You get what you pay for. I am extremely happy with it. It was broken, now it’s fixed to Micro3D’s credit. I am hoping the shifting issue is now in the past and that it was just a software bug.