I’ve been getting tons of feedback about PiMAME. Thank you for all the comments and suggestions. There have been a few issues/questions that have popped up, hopefully the tips below helps you out.
Here is a quick fix for the AdvanceMENU sound issue:
- ssh into your Raspberry Pi.
- exit out of AdvanceMENU by pressing Escape.
- at the console, type: nano +99 .advance/advmenu.rc
- edit the sound_background lines to look like below:
- sound_background_begin none
- sound_background_end none
- sound_background_loop none
- sound_background_loop_dir none
- sound_background_start none
- sound_background_stop none
- press control-x to exit, it will ask you to save, press “y” to confirm.
- Reboot your Pi and it should be good to go.
Your game files should go in the /home/pi/roms/ directory. I cannot help you find games for MAME.
Stopping AdvanceMENU from starting at bootup:
If you want AdvanceMENU to not start at bootup edit /home/pi/.profile and remove advmenu from the bottom of the script.
The username and password are the default Raspbian ones.
- User: pi
- Password: raspberry