Download PiMAME 0.6 Beta Here (Main Mirror)
This is a fully configured Raspberry Pi image that auto boots into AdvanceMENU and runs your MAME games for you. It includes a copy of a Free MAME ROM so you can see it working right from the start. SSH is already enabled, memory split is setup, and everything is updated.
Once you have it flashed to your SD Card, I recommend running “sudo raspi-config” and expanding the file system, otherwise you will only have a few megs of space left to use.
- 0.7 Beta1
- MAME4All Added.
- SNES9x Added.
- 0.6 Beta5
- PCSX_ReARMed PlayStation emulator added.
- Fixed speed issue in AdvMENU
- 0.6 Beta4
- GNGeo Neo Geo Emulator Added.
- Raspbian upgraded and updated.
- 4GB or larger SD Card required
- Support for the XArcade Tankstick.
- New menu at start to choose options before launching emulation.
- PIP (the Pi IP service) is available to install (but off by default).
- New admin options in the web frontend to Reboot and Shutdown your Pi.
- Smaller image should now install on most 2GB cards (with some room to spare).
- PiMAME is now built around the 2012-12-16 version of Raspbian.
- AdvanceMAME 1.2 and AdvanceMENU 2.6 are installed.
- PulseAudio has been removed.
- Snapshots of supported games are loaded and will appear in AdvanceMENU.
- The ROM uploader file size limit has been increased from 2MB to 200MB.
- AdvMENU theme with IP address in the background
- Web Front-End which enables uploading of ROMs from your computer to the Raspberry Pi
- Sound Fixes Built-In
- Your game files should go in the /home/pi/roms/ directory.
- If you want AdvanceMENU to not start at bootup edit .profile and remove advmenu from the bottom of the script.
- The username and password are the default Raspbian ones. User: pi Password: raspberry
Please let me know if you have any questions, comments, or suggestions!