Sorry for the very late post, I’ve had some family visiting from out of town and spent the weekend catching up.
For PiPlay, I’ve been spending some time getting into the nitty gritty of some of the emulators. PiFBA happens to have a config file hardcoded in it’s source code. Because I use PiFBA for a few different systems, I needed to have individual configs.
My patched version of PiFBA is available here as source code: https://github.com/ssilverm/pifba-config-patch
Looking back, it wasn’t that difficult to patch, but my C++ is rusty, and I needed some friends help to get it running.
I’ve also been playing with SDL and DISPMANX. One of my favorite emulators is Mednafen, but it has a problem running on the console. If you use DISPMANX and try to run Mednafen, you get an SDL error (due to not needing SDL_GetVideoInfo()). I’m recompiling Mednafen right now which replaces the SDL_GetVideoInfo() call with generic video heights. DISPMANX should scale correctly anyway, so I will see how it looks.
On that note, I also had to deal with my favorite compiling issue on the Raspberry Pi: hq4x and running out of memory.
This is why I love the Raspberry Pi (and Linux). I learn something new everyday. To add or subtract swap space, type:
Change 100 to the desired amount of swap. I used 300 for hq4x
The swap space will be created, and you can now compile without crashing (usually).
Have a good week everyone!