I once read some very good advice about blogging, and that is to have a schedule and keep to it. This blog has been my brain dump, I post things when I think about them. I don’t really preplan for my posts. Something gets completed, it’s cool, I write it down. I’ve slowly gained a small community of some really cool people here, and I think it’s only fair to everyone that I at least post once a week regardless.
With that said, I’m going to post something every Friday. I hope you enjoy. Now on to the content!
I’ve been playing around a bit with the Raspbian release. I’ve started to recompile all the binaries I released, and will be posting them online once they are to my liking. I’ve found some hiccups along the way, but I seem to be working through them.
- I really want to get Cave Story working without the lag every 5 seconds.
- Get Quake3 running again (seems a commenter has been working on that!)
- Recompile AdvanceMESS and AdvanceMAME
- Recompile Gngeo and get full screen working right.
- Get a frontend running that will work with these emulators
- Get Love2D running.
I got my second Raspberry Pi in the mail yesterday. This one comes from RS. The big differences I’ve seen so far in the board itself is that the silkscreening is a little different, and the company that supplies the memory is different. In my Element14 board, the memory is Samsung. The RS board uses Hynix memory.
I’ll post some pictures later.
Leave a Reply