It’s the last day of 2016. What. a. year.
- Finding out I’m going to be a Dad in 2017. We just found out it’s going to be a BOY!!!! I’m so excited, and terrified, and excited.
- K and I just got back from New York City. We wanted to do one last big adventure before our next big adventure is born 🙂
- We’ve been working on the PiPlay Advance handheld. We think he have it down now.
- Maker Faire Orlando was amazing!
- I ran for Florida House of Representatives, and while I didn’t win, I received 31% of the vote!!!
- I was able to hire a very talented student in our department as a full timer after he graduated!
- I spoke at InstructureCon in Colorado, did a CanvasLive webinar for a bunch of schools, and spoke at the Online Learning Consortium conference here in Orlando.
I haven’t updated as much, and every Friday I look at the clock and miss the post. So I’m hoping to do better at that again.
Thanks for reading!
Have a wonderful 2017!
Maker Faire Orlando 2016
Merry Christmas Everyone!
Sorry for the lack of updates, been working hard on the Deskcade Kickstarter.
I hope your holidays are going amazingly and that you all have a wonderful new year!
Here is to 2016. The best is yet to come.
Happy New Year!!! 2014 was an amazing year for me:
- Got contracted to write a second book (almost done)
- Ran a successful Kickstarter
- Had YTD 64,000 downloads of PiPlay
- Spoke at PyCon, Computers in Libraries, and EDUCAUSE conferences
- Participated in Orlando Maker Faire
- Was able to hire the very talented Elizabeth Williams to be part of my team at work
- Developed software that is helping 60,000 students
- Added a very cute and very annoying kitten to our family
- Learned a few new technologies that I had been putting off
- Watched my wife get a great new job
- Watching my friends start families
- Made some new friends
Not to say everything has been great, but the good has totally outweighed the bad. I have to thank all of my readers as well. I couldn’t have done without you all. Thank you!
So I’ve been hit by the Amiibo bug. I started cutting out these stands for my collection.
I may have gone a little overboard.
The next version of PiPlay is really coming along.
You can see our game listing screen now shows a lot more info. We are also moving a lot of our configs into SQLite DB files for faster retrieval. This is going to be an awesome release!
Happy 2015 everyone!