Initial impressions with Raspbian. Everything seems to be either playable or faster than before.
- MESS is noticably faster.
- MAME was a LITTLE faster (it all depends on the game).
- Gngeo (Neo Geo) was still playing at full speed.
- Cave Story works fine as long as music is disabled.
- Quake 3 Arena plays but sometimes crashes (as seen in the video)
Binaries are available below:
Let me know if something doesn’t work or if you need help. Hope everyone likes these! Thanks to those who helped put some of these binaries together!
Tutorials Available Here
Quake 3 Arena has been available on the Pi for a while now, but it seems the site hosting the files have gone down for the time being.
I’m going to host them here for now.
Quake 3 for Raspberry Pi
Quake 3 Demo PAKs
- It’s a really easy install. Unzip Quake3.zip so you have /home/pi/quake3/.
- Unzip the demo paks into your quake3/baseq3 folder.
- Run quake3/start.sh (cd quake3, ./start.sh)
- Start fragging!
If you need a really well done tutorial on how to install it, check out the My Raspberry Pi Experience Blog